Puzzle from Grandmaster Preparation: Attack & Defense


Black to move


This link takes you to a video of my friend and I discussing the position. If the audio isn’t clear, below is a gist of the discussion. You will see us move pieces towards the end of the video.

The first move I see is Rxe4 because I don’t like Ng5.
Also coz the theme is bringing all your pieces into the attack.
After 1….Nh4 2.f3, no more attack. You have to take drastic measures, can’t make quiet moves.
This Knight can defend the White King. Basically use your Rook to eliminate one defender. Then you have a Knight and Queen against what looks like a lone king.
I’m actually looking at 1…..Bb4 now. If 2.Qe2, then I have 2…Nh4 3.f3 forced take, take and win your exchange back with err some attack. But after 1….Bb4 2.Nc3. Don’t see anything.
What if 1…Re4 2.de4 Bb4 3.Qe2 Nh4 4.f3 forced, then take on e1, 4….Bxe1 5.Rxe1 Nxf3+ 6.Kf2 Nxe1 7.Kxe1 Qh1 wins e4 pawn. If 7.Qxe1, then simply 7….Qe6 fork the pawns. Black is a pawn up with better winning chances.
________________________________________________________________________________

It turns out our ‘solution’ wasn’t right. Go back above. Try and see if you can do better than us.
Click here for Solution


Comments

  1. It's so nice of you to share the moves of chess with us. It helps me to learn the new techniques and moves and improve my game of chess. I have also seen the video which makes it eays to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found this helpful. It gives me motivation to reactivate this blog and post more similar things. Thank you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to do Calculation? VIDEO

Literacy-Fluency-Mastery