Millionaire Chess 2016 Part 1.

So I'm finally starting my story about the Millionaire chess Open 2016 in US. I tried to focus for every game and play as best as I can.

I drew in Rd 1 against 2536 GM Chirila Ioan-Cristian after suffering a worse endgame. It felt like a close escape considering my opponent ended up winning the Under-2600 category. You can see his story here. I was really impressed with the way he creates winning chances with the Grunfeld, an opening which I always had trouble learning. I was so impressed that I recently played the Grunfeld myself vs an IM. I lost the game but It wasn't because of the opening.

I was happy about the result in round 1. But I knew that it can all come undone if I lose the next round. 0.5/2 isn't so appealing even if its a draw with a GM. In round 2, I went into the game with the same mindset of playing my best and just fighting as much as possible.

Click here for Round 2 GM Magesh vs Lim Zhuo Ren


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to do Calculation? VIDEO

Literacy-Fluency-Mastery