Millionaire Chess 2016 Part II

After the draw in round 2, I played IM Aman Hambleton, rated 2436. Wee Zhun told me he is a famous player on twitch where you can watch him play. His bullet rating was 3000 or something ridiculous like that. The way I prepared, ironically was by seeing his Bullet and Blitz games online. And I noticed that it was possible he might play the hedgehog since it occurred a lot in his bullet games. So I studied the hedgehog structures from the Book "Chess Structures' by Mauricio Flores Rios which was given to me as a gift by Kaushal Khandhar for beating GM Srinath Narayanan in a chess camp organised in Sept 2016. I spent about 5 hours going through the ideas and the sample games. My game followed one of those sample games up to move 17 upon which he deviated. This was the first time I played this opening and I was just trying to recall all the ideas and pawn breaks and figure out which plan to execute. It was a tense game after that but I managed to pull off a win.


I was on cloud 9 with 2/3 points with a 2600 performance.

It all came crashing down in the next round as I lost with Black vs GM Mark Paragua. I had no chances to hold the game. 

In round 5, I played White against IM Ruiz Castillo, Joshua D (2343) and won a nice game

Game is here.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to do Calculation? VIDEO

Literacy-Fluency-Mastery