What is the Secret Sauce for Kids and Perhaps Even Adults to Succeed???

 What is the Secret Sauce for Kids and Perhaps Even Adults to Succeed???

The most common feedback I get is my kid like your class. He said very fun. He always looking forward, I don't have to remind him got class.

For me, this is the greatest compliment. It is one of the main intentions I have for every class I do. (Whether I do it well is another story). One of the reasons is perhaps because I have enthusiasm for what I do. And enthusiasm can be very infectious.

There is this quote:
“I'm more interested in arousing enthusiasm in kids than in teaching the facts. The facts may change, but that enthusiasm for exploring the world will remain with them the rest of their lives.”
― Seymour Simon

If you have enthusiasm, it is easier for you to start doing things, to start experimenting and to explore your curiosity. It is what kids love to do and how humans are in their natural state.

This message (in the photo) from two days ago, Emran's mum told me her son likes my class alot.
Her son is among the most engaging in class. He answers every question, right/wrong. I always acknowledge his answers by saying, good answer, nice try or I prompt him further with questions such as what is the reason for this move. My default is to say thank you. (Will explain why in a future post)

You see. He is 100% participative.

When you are engaged, not afraid to look stupid for being wrong, 100% participative, it helps you be more enthusiastic about trying new things even in the face of mistakes.

I am not surprised he scored 6/6 in last Saturday's tournament. But even if he didn't, that enthusiasm to explore the world and not being afraid to be wrong will be very useful in his life.

What areas in your life have can you be show a little bit more enthusiasm? Or is that an area where you have less enthusiasm than before?

I will start.
This last 2-3 weeks, I can feel I am beginning to have less enthusiasm in certain chess things I am doing now. There is some changes I need to make. And first step is admitting it to myself.

Now, its your turn



(19th July 2021 on Facebook)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to do Calculation? VIDEO

Literacy-Fluency-Mastery